Thursday, June 4, 2015

Jessica Robertson Collection Lip Gloss

I love, love, LOVE trying new makeup and beauty products.  I love getting my girl on!  So, recently I was offered the chance to try a few items in the Jessica Robertson Collection, from Dr. Sun Rx.  I was instantly drawn to the lipgloss, because what pinup girl could EVER have too many lip colors to choose from?

Personally, I'm drawn to red, I really think it makes my blue eyes pop, but I like having pinks and nudes on hand too.

The creators of Podz, and Dr. Sun Rx teamed up with Duck Dynasty's own Jessica Robertson to launch a selection of nourishing beauty products.  The lip gloss line features a rich and creamy formula to smooth your lips into the perfect pout.

When I saw the color lineup for this collection, I just knew I had to try it out.  Plus, I don't watch a lot of Duck Dynasty, but whenever I've seen it, Jessica is just so polished and gorgeous, without being overdone.  I just had a feeling she wouldn't produce something she wouldn't wear herself.


The lip gloss collection features six colors, including:

Cherry Red
Berry
Nude
Peach Mango
Iced Mocha
Cotton Candy

I was excited to see the fun containers.  The lids to the wands are fit for a princess.  Definitely fun for a lady who likes a bit of bling!  Added bonus, the shiny silver caps make them VERY easy to find when I drop one in a bigger purse and have to hunt for it later.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the glosses are scented.  This took me right back to childhood and Bonne Bell and the like.  I don't know about you, but I find that a lot of lip products either don't smell like anything at all...or they just plain stink.  It's SO fun to find adult lip products that smell great!



The colors are strongly pigmented, but still hold true to being lipglosses.  Slightly sheer and great for layering to achieve a darker color if wanted.  I found that the colors mixed very well, so if I wanted my Nude a little more pink, layering and mixing with Cotton Candy or a little Peach Mango was a great option. I also liked applying them over long wearing lipsticks to soften them and add some shine.

There is a bit of a metallic shimmer to each color except for Cherry Red, and I don't notice it in the Nude either and it's very slight in the Peach Mango.  Cotton Candy seemed to have quite a bit and was a liiiiittle too much for my personal preferences.

I applied a quick swatch of each color to my hand.  I took one with flash and one without as I think that can sort of alter the color a bit, but they look nice both ways.  My absolute favorite is the Cherry Red, with Peach Mango coming in second, though I like them all.


Top to Bottom:  Cotton Candy, Ice Mocha, Peach Mango, Nude, Berry, Cherry Red

These glosses are super moisturizing, even just now when I wiped the swatches off my hand, you would think I'd just applied a good moisturizer...the top of my hand feels so soft!

My only complaint is that, as these are lipglosses, they do wear off somewhat quickly.  Of course, reapplying is a breeze and they do smell so nice.

The Jessica Robertson Collection Lip Gloss retails for $7 each.  You can purchase them at www.drsuncosmetics.com, or your local tanning salon.

Other items in the Jessica Robertson collection include:

A nail collection to compliment your lip gloss shades, in 16 brilliant hues.

American Love, a luscious daily moisturizer designed to calm and pamper your skin.  It features soothing aloe and is packed full of Vitamin D to support healthy collagen production and reduce inflammation.  A vanilla-citrus scent round the product out and makes it a scent-sationally relaxing way to pamper your skin.

American Babe, White Bronzers Self Tanning Solution, will help you achieve a healthy looking complexion with a rich gold glow.  It is formulated with green tea extract, known for it's anti-aging properties, and Ecoslim, which offers a way to help reduce cellulite.  The tan is long lasting, and develops naturally within 24-48 hours of application.

There are several other items in the collection, to include body care, cosmetics, and even sunglasses.

xoxo,

Danielle


*I received a sample of this product in return for my review, I was not paid for my opinion.  


1 comment:

  1. I’ve looked everywhere for these glosses. I have the nude but I’m almost out. Do you know if they were discontinued?

    ReplyDelete